Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Prayer

My monthly mom's bible study was today and the topic was prayer. It was such a helpful topic for me. My prayers are always generic, always basic, always say the same thing. Really, though it's not my will I should be praying for, it's God's. I want his will to be done in my life.

If that means, it takes me longer to get to goal weight, I'm fine with that. If that means my injury teaches me a lesson in humility so be it. If that means, I stumble through this trial, I know I'm not alone. After all, isn't it the pray-er who changes, rather than the prayer that way. Jesus once prayed "not my will Lord, but Yours be done" Luke 22:42.

My entire journey has been goal focused and driven by meeting them. I've had a lot of success thus far. People have looked to me as an example, and a shinning star. Really though, it's not my success. It's Gods. Deep in my soul, I know he is using me right now. I'm sure of it. Deep in my soul, I know I'm different not because of me or who I am but because of who he is.

With that said, I know I'm struggling with dieting and not exercising. I know I need prayer about this. I know that I first must pray and tell God my needs, even though he already knows. I give him my injury. I give him my anguish. I have not given up on him, or on my self. This is just a bump in the road. I will take a valuable lesson and be blessed by this.

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Prayer works. I'll pray for you and your ankle to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a heart felt post. I'm glad you're praying your way through...God is so good and faithful. I'll keep you in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete