Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I've let go

I've let go. I've let go of my expectations of myself, I've let go of the diet. I've let go of my time line to be back at the gym.

I've spent the last several weeks feeling sort of normal. I haven't weighed myself in over a month - AND I'm ok with that. Last year, I dieted through the holidays and missed out on a lot of things. This year, I'm missing out on nothing. But that doesn't mean I'm binging at every moment.

My eating habits have changed and I can make healthier choices and stop when I've full. But that doesn't mean that I don't indulge either. Come January, I will be back to watching everything I eat. Whether or not I'm back at the gym.

My ankle is healing. It's a slow process. I can get around now. It's slightly swollen still. I keep it wrapped most of the time, but it's slowly getting stronger every day. I think I'm going to try yoga soon. But I'm not ready for running or spinning any time soon. I know I still have a long time to heal and it's already been 3 weeks.

I've had a lot of family stuff going on, investment stuff and of course all the Christmas stuff going on too. Probably a lot like all of you. I've had so many times I just wanted / needed to go running. I just can't and I know it. The other day, I was so angry I needed a good long run. I honestly debated trying but I knew it was stupid of me to even think about doing it. I had a nice long chat with a friend instead.

I miss my gym friends, I miss my life. I can't wait to be better again.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, big hugs go out to you today. I am sorry that it's taking so long to heal that foot. I suppose we never realize how much we take for granted the ability to just be able to MOVE in general. Glad that you are taking it in stride. I think we're all waiting for the first of the year just so things can get back to normal, and hopefully that includes your physical health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you will be so thankful to run when you can and you will soon!! Just keep resting. I am also taking this time off. I don't want to fret about weight this holiday season.. I want to make memories. Did you go to the doctor? And good for you for calling a friend when you couldn't run instead of binging! Awesome. Love you and you'll be back at it in no time. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS exercise is over rated. Wink wink.

    ReplyDelete