Friday, December 3, 2010

Early Mornings

4:50 am - Yeah, that is the time I got up and went to the gym this morning. Cycle promptly starts at 5:30 am. I know you have to get there at 5:15 to get a ticket and ensure a bike. I don't do mornings, I am not a morning person. I'm a night owl, I was awake until after midnight. I woke up several times in the night, afraid I was going to be late this morning. I love early morning cycle, but it's hard for me to GET up.

Cycle was great though, we had a sub, Don. I've never tried Don but I've heard great things about him. He was very motivating and a great instructor. I've never had a male instructor before - and he was easy on the eyes even at 5:30am ;-) ha ha

I pushed myself hard. I was so full of energy when I left the gym. I went to the store to buy stuff to cook for breakfast, you know surprise the family before they woke up. Chorrizo and eggs -- YUM! The only way I eat eggs is Chorrizo and eggs.

By 8:05 am I had already gotten up, completed a cycle class, went to the store, cooked my family breakfast, gotten both of my girls up ready and off to school, drove my hubby to work and come home. I was full of energy ... but it wasn't long before the exhaustion of lack of sleep kicked in and I fell asleep again, cuddled in my bed around 8:45 am. The kids are gone, the house is clean (well minus the breakfast dishes) and I didn't have anything in particular planned. So why not catch up on my rest and face the day at an hour I when I'm ready?

I've been contemplating my schedule a lot lately. Soon, I am going to have to go back to work. There really isn't any option about it. When it happens, what will my training schedule look like? Where will my gym time go? What about my running? And all the things that are important to me, like my weight loss and bible study time?

I know God doesn't want me to worry about these things but I do feel the need to plan for them. The only way I know I will be able to make it to the gym is to do it before the kids go to school, before I will have to go to work. That means, despite my complete and udder disdain for waking up early, I will have to. I will have to take advantage of the 5:30 am classes, early morning workouts and still evening and weekend runs. That's just the way it is. I've accepted it.

5 comments:

  1. Great job on waking up early! I also don't like mornings. I really had to drag myself and Cody out of bed today at 3:45. ugh. I totally know how you feel. I have not been to the gym in over two weeks. I have to plan a schedule with Davey gone so I can go. and lol about your spin teacher! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who can get up at that hour to go to the gym can do anything! maybe there's another spin class at a better time for you with an equally hot teacher? I hope so, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the holiday look of your blog (I almost thought I'd gone to the wrong one!!) lol
    You deserve a medal for getting up that early after not much sleep. You've got some strong kind of motivation....maybe some will rub off on me, because I need a big kick in the rear right now. Snow always makes me want to stay in bed and we've got plenty of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ishmael - He is the only male teacher but he does have a regular class in the evenings. ;-) Since my schedule is pretty open now, I truly pick which classes I'm going to attend by how strenuous and good the instructors are. I only go to the best, even if that means waking up early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen - Thank you. I thought it was about time I changed my blog up a bit. =)

    I am a very motivated and dedicated person. It's been cold here too (well, for here I should say) and it takes extra motivation to want to exercise in the cold. Luckily, we just have freezing temps, but it doesn't snow where I live.

    ReplyDelete