Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting on track

Getting back on track is going to take more than just the desire to get on track. It's going to take more than just "talk" about being back on track. I've let in a lot of carbs, sugar and other junk food into my diet the last couple of weeks. For me, that means I'm going to be fighting cravings again.

I'm still limited in what I can do physically. I'm going to start swimming this week but that gym is 30 minutes away so I won't be able to swim daily, maybe just a couple of times a week if I'm lucky.

I also have both of my kids home from school, so it's going to take some extra effort and planning to get a workout in. It's also means I am going to have to work up my endurance and build up my strength to what it was. I know this is going to take time.

Getting back on track with my food will be easier in some ways and harder in others. I haven't brought a lot of food into our house lately. I need to go grocery shopping. Thus, only healthy and diet friendly foods will be coming in. So why is it going to be harder, you ask? I've gotten used to eating out again. Hard habit to break. And the cravings...

Good news is things are really starting to come through with our investment. But money will get tighter before it gets better. Which can only help us to eat at home. I know if I want to get back on track, kick 180's behind and reach my goals I am going to need to get right with my food, work hard and pray for strength to stay on track.

Yesterdays meals:

Oatmeal for breakfast
Clam Chowder for lunch
Meat loaf, Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes for dinner.

Yeah not the best food choices but I'm working on it. It was so cold and rainy and Richard had been begging for meat loaf for a long time and it really isn't that bad of a choice. Plus I kept portions under control especially with the mashed potatoes. The girls and Rich loved dinner and that always feels good too.

3 comments:

  1. Good post. I, too, notice the more I allow different foods into my life, the harder it gets to stay on the straight and narrow with all foods. I also love eating out but have not done so much at all, which is good for me because that would be a door that I would find impossible to close if opened...I wish you luck and strength.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too..... me tooooooo. You have no idea. I may have to revamp my blog. I'm a mess.

    ReplyDelete