Monday, January 3, 2011

My Running Buddy

Zumara, my running buddy got up at 6:30 am and ran 10 miles in the rain. I was so proud of her. It's her first time running in a race without me. Originally, we were supposed to run our first half marathon(s) today. Obviously, plans changed due to my injury. She was nervous about running and almost didn't: it was rainy, it wasn't very organized because it was a free run and you could choose your mileage up to 50 miles. This picture was taken at the 6 mile mark. Did you check out her legs? I'm envious... Did I mention it was early, cold and wet?

I slept in a little longer than I should have but I got up and met her and the 4,5,6, and 8 mile marks. Then back at the finish line. I miss running. I want to sign up for an event but I know my foot/ankle isn't ready yet. I don't know when it will be. Hopefully, soon. All I can do is be supportive for my runner friends.

Zumara was amazing this morning. Check out her legs. I'm so proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, 6:30 is crazy early!!! Yikers, but good for her! ;-)

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete