Thursday, November 4, 2010

Running Goal - 13.1


H.A.L.F.- M.A.R.A.T.H.O.N.


My new goal, I'm so looking forward to it and ready for it. I love to push myself harder and harder. I can run 6 - 8 miles now with no real problems. Mentally, I am prepared for it, I believe I can run a half marathon, 13.2 miles. My heart wants to run a half marathon. It will be so hard, it will feel so good.

I've had my heart set on running a half marathon for a while, wanting to take my running abilities to the next level but let's face it. It's nearing the end of running season. Runs are expensive, especially if you sign up late and the holidays are coming up. Plus, there really isn't much offering between now and then in my area for a long run. But I really WANT to be able to run a half marathon the end of 2010.

So... after lots of searches on active.com I found the Brazen New Years Half Marathon. I really can't picture a better way to start of 2011 than running! Then I have the whole year to build on what I can do and improve. Plus, January culminates 1 year of running for me. It was in Janaury 2010 that I decided I wanted to be able to run... my goal was 1 mile. I could barely do 30 seconds. 1 year later, I will run my first half marathon.... Original goal achieved, I think so. Other running goals made and met, 5K and 10K... YES! Pushing myself to the limits... Oh YEAH!

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you. I almost cried reading this! You running a half one year after starting to run. Amazing! You'll do great and no doubt you can do it. Then you'll be able to help me with mine on 2-6-11! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, reading about where you were one year ago and where you are now is really inspirational to me this morning. I cannot run due to a back problem, but you've made me realize that there has to be other ways to set goals for myself. I'm going to think about this and find some way to challenge myself, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome and Thank you! I love setting goals and achieving them no matter how big or small we can all do something. I'd love to hear about your goals :)

    ReplyDelete