Monday, November 15, 2010

Injured

I'm admitting it. I'm injured. My ankle is swollen and sore. The top of my foot is bruised. I can walk on it but it hurts. I was going to take pictures but Rich left the camera in his work truck. So no pics today...

This morning it hurt so bad I didn't want to get out of bed but I did. I got my daughter up and ready for school, then went back to bed with an ice pack and ibuprofen. I slept about an hour longer, when I woke up it felt better. Not 100% but enough to get around.

I had to go to the bank today and Walmart. Walmart isn't exactly a trip you want to do with a sore ankle but we are out of so much stuff at home, it had to be done. When I got home, my ankle was done. My house is such a mess, I needed to do dishes. I had to do them before I could cook or do anything in the kitchen. So I did and yeah then I was done standing on my ankle. Rich was hungry, it was dinner time and kid's eat free at our favorite restaurant. It didn't take much effort to convince me. I got a Mexican Shrimp and Chicken Cesar Salad, so at least I made a healthy choice. I'm alternating ice and heat now combined with ibuprofen. I'm hoping for improvement tomorrow.

I didn't go to the gym today. I'm not sure when I'll be able to go again. I don't think my ankle is that bad but it's just bad enough to be painfully annoying. And bad enough that I know I need to give it a rest or it could get worse. I'm clumsy and I often injure my ankles. The extra weight probably doesn't help at all combined with old injuries from softball, soccer and random mishaps. I've had worse ankle injuries but it's never fun to be sidelined due to injury.

On a positive note, this will give me more time to work on the plank challenge. I said I would do planks 3 times a week and well, haven't followed through. Maybe I'll add some push ups and have a little at home strength training routine. Sounds like a plan to me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you're injured. I hope it heals up soon. I remember insuring my foot years ago when I used to run. It took six weeks to heal...ugh!!!

    I'm glad to hear you're working on the plank challenge. I've not done so well with that myself lately. You've inspired me to get back to it!!!

    Get some rest and feel better soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about house stuff, rest your ankle. So hard to do, I know, but it won't get better unless you do. Maybe get a brace too so it has extra support?

    ReplyDelete