Friday, March 25, 2011

SOS Run

Opening day for softball was cancelled due to the weather. What does this mean, you might ask? Well, it means my morning is open to run. Yes, I said it, run. Tomorrow, is the SOS 5K run. This time, last year I was preparing myself for this very same run yet only it was my first run. I was determined to run the whole thing but most of all, I wanted to finish. I didn't know if I really *could*. I was very emotional, and over joyed that I could participate in an event like this. I felt like I was being a positive role model for my daughter, taking back my health on stride at a time.

This year, I know I will walk a good portion of the 5K. I will run some too. It means something different to me this year, it's more sentimental and I'm focusing on getting back to where I was pre-injury. Tomorrow, I will get up early and register myself, and my 8 year old daughter. We're taking on the 5K, together <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!! Even though you may not be running it this year, you're still participating. I'm so glad you're still in the game my friend.

    Never give up...ever!!!

    ReplyDelete