Thursday, March 10, 2011

Maitenance NSV

There is always a silver lining, in any storm. My injury is no different. I don't want to be injured. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But there is something that I learned about my injury, there is a silver lining. It's called maintenance.

Let's face it, it's been over 3 months since I've been in the routine of working out daily. I weighed myself this morning, 187lbs. Before my injury, my weight was fluctuating between 185-188lbs. That my friends, is something I'm considering a success. Yeah, I know I'm on a weight loss journey and I didn't lose weight in the last 3 months. BUT, learning to maintain is a huge part of being successful at weight loss.

Also, I've not lost the desire to live healthy, live differently, and live better by the grace of God. I've never given up hope or given up on myself. That to me is a huge NSV.

How am I feeling after working out yesterday? My foot/ankle feels a little stiff and swollen. My muscles feel a little bit sore. But overall, I feel great and jazzed to be back. Starting over again, from where I'm at. God is so great!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Sara! That is a big accomplishment! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really great! I am up 5 pounds. Apparently I don't know how to maintain... :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam - Thank you :)

    Adrienne - Don't beat yourself up, the weight loss journey is full of peaks and valley's, just like life. Give yourself some time of being on track and I bet you will flush those 5lbs away.

    ReplyDelete