Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Relief

A wound up ball of stress has been walking around my house waiting to explode lately. I've been angry and short tempered with my hubby, with everyone, with life. I've got a lot going on in my personal life and political stuff with an organization that I'm involved in. And throw in starting up our own business, I'm sure you can imagine why I haven't blogged as much lately or stayed true to coarse with my diet/exercise plans.





It's the end of the rope now though. I'm walking the plank and there just are no more excuses. My ankle is on the road to recovery. I know I can't do what I was doing back in November physcially and that I have to start all over again. But that' s ok. I'm not strating over, I'm continuing on. I know that I can make good choices with diet and exercise. I have and I will again.



Last night in bed, Rich asked me when I was going to run again. He did so in a kind gentle way letting me know that he knows I need a release. He knows I'm a ticking time bomb that can explode. He wants to prevent that and be supportive. He knows how much running means to me and more importantly how much I (and the whole family) benefit from it. What is that saying, "A happy wife makes a happy life!"



Tonight, my friend Zumara called and asked if I wanted to go to the gym tonight. I've been so stressed, busy, scared of reinjuring myself, and making excuses I haven't been consistent enouogh with my excercise/going back to the gym. I decided that if I felt up to it, after I put the girls to bed, I would go. At dinner, Rich said he was planning on going tonight but I could go instead. So sweet of him <3 he knew it was in OUR best interest for me to get some "me time" at the gym.

I worked out on the floor doing the various weight machines. And I ran! Yes, I ran! Ok well, actually I ran walked for 20 minutes. I did intervals because I wanted to be aware of my body/injury. I didn't want to over do it on my first "attempt " to run. I ran for the first 5 minutes. The first 2 minutes were so hard but it felt ***SO*** good. Yeah, I know 1.3 miles isn't a lot and it's nothing compared to what I was doing. But from where I am now, it was a really good start. My ankle doesn't hurt, although it doesn't feel exactly normal. I think I'm on the road to rebuilding and recovery.

I came home, happy with a clear head and open heart and well just feeling relief.

I just love the gym <3

1 comment: