Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Running Season

Zumara and I went running the other night. We ran/walked 3.5 miles. It felt good but again, we walked about half of it. I know I'm holding Zumara back. I didn't even make the first mile running. Kind of sucks, lossing so much ability.


The bright side, I'm rebuilding and I know I will get there. My goal for now, to be able to run 1 mile. Yeah, the same goal I set January 2010. Then - build on it.


I have previously mentioned I am excited about this running season. This is what I'm looking forward to.






The women's festival was my favorite 5K last year. Nike is one of the sponsors, Kaiser has a huge pressence and Whole Foods!! Gourmet buffet breakfast by Whole Foods. Love them! The atmosphere is amazing and the swag was awesome. I'm looking forward to this event.




Wharf to Wharf








Running from Santa Cruz to Capitola, with ocean views? Who could ask for anything more? This 6 mile run will be breath taking and fun. Bands and street performers are along the route to keep you motivated. But really Santa Cruz is beautiful, what more could you ask for. This run sells out every year. When I heard about this run last year, it was already sold out. This year, I made a point to register early. It sold out in about 3 weeks! It will be Crazy Fun!




Of course, I will be running in other events too but these + training will get me prepared for the event of the season.




The Nike Women's Marathon.


ETA: I'm participating in the HALF Marathon. Full marathon is still MUCH further than I want to run... haha



Two sold out events. Races that I've wanted to run for more than a year. I couldn't be more excited.





3 comments:

  1. I remember you saying not too long ago you didn't have any desire to run a marathon...now look at ya!! Jealous over here. I miss cali and all it's wonderful events. But 2012 will be here soon and it's on! :) I'll be excited to follow your running season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Adrienne. I have no desire to run a full marathon. I'm running in the half marathon. But they call it the Nike Women's Marathon... not the HALF marathon ;-) I edited this post to make it more clear. I'm not trying to run 26.2 miles.. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you. You're back at it and setting goals already. Good for you!!! You'll be back to where you were in no time.

    ReplyDelete