Thursday, April 28, 2011

Starting Over

I'm starting over. From square one with running. It's a little overwhellming know if I am going to be prepared for the 2011 season, I have to start running now. My ankle feels healed, but my muscles are weak. I have to ease myself into it.

After softball last night, I decided to go running. I uploaded Imapmyfitness into my iphone. It's an app that was highly recommended. I met Zumara at her house and we ran together. It was really a run walk. About a mile into it, I could really feel my ankle and my knees. I want to make sure I don't re-injure myself. So I have to be careful.

We ended up walking most of it, but at least we were still moving. According tot he gps on mymyfitness, we went 4.74 miles. Not bad for starting over. In fact, even though I'm starting over I know I'm ahead of where I was last year. That is because this year, I KNOW I can do it and NOTHING is impossible. Before, I was always pushing the envelope and the goal into unknown territory. This time, I know I can do it. I just have to commit. And with my running goals, I am committed. =)

Oh and did I mention, today I'm sore... yeah my hamstrings are a burning!

3 comments:

  1. I'm happoy for you. Spring is a perfect time for a new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So jealous about the Nike marathon!! But happy for you. But I am worried about your ankle!! Be careful! You've been doing well listening to your body though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne - I'm worried about my ankle too. I'm being very cautious not to re-injure it. I know it's still weak so I'm taking things slow.

    I'm stoked about the upcoming season including the nike women's marathon. Someday you will be able to run in it too =)

    ReplyDelete