Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nike Women's Marathon


20,000 women, running the streets of San Francisco together. Running with Nike sponsoring the event. Raising awareness for a great cause. Great Nike Loot and a Tiffany's finisher's neckless. Who could resist? Every year the run sells out so quickly, Nike has created a random drawing to select it's participants. I have many runner friends who have entered and never been selected.


I entered in to the Nike Women's Marathon random drawing. I haven't been running much lately and I know the chances of being picked in the random drawing are slim. I entered anyway but... you just never know...


I was picked!




I opened my email this morning, just like any other morning and I notice something in there from Nike. I opened it up, read it twice.... I'll save you from the whole email but here is the nitty gritty... "You're IN, baby!" And I'm so excited!


Motivation... I'm running the half marathon and I've gotta get running! :-) I' m so excited about the 2011 running season, I've got several great races I'm looking forward too!




2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! My sister has done it a couple of times and she RAVES about it. That will be one of my goals one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Really, she has gotten in a couple of times? She must have some luck. I know so many people who never get in. I feel incredibly luckily to be choosen to run. :)

    ReplyDelete