Thursday, May 5, 2011

Accountability

I know I need to use some type of training schedule to keep myself accountable and not over do it. Zumara and I were talking last night during our run about setting a schedule and just sticking to it - NO MATTER WHAT. Good idea but I'm always a little scared of time commitments. I know that if we push ourselves we will be back and running in no time. I think we're going to shoot for Mon, Weds, Fri nights running with a longer daytime weekend run.

Last night we ran/walked about 4 miles. I ran the first half mile, no breaks. I was able to run a bit further than the Monday night. Running makes me be more accountable with all my other food choices. When I run, I just feel better, less stressed and more confident.

We talked about our upcoming runs. How excited we are and how we want to Rock the Nike Women's Marathon. We know it's going to be very challenging. San Francisco has LOTS of hills. It will be a great experience but I DO NOT want this to be my first half marathon experience. We want to find something less expensive, closer to home and gain some confidence and experience first. Then Rock San Francisco.

And in case you were wondering what I hope to follow up Nike with.... I'm already looking for more runs, more goals and more challanges. For now, I've set my eye on this, one of the most beautiful places in CA, Big Sur.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhh LOL ok I get it. You are gonna do awesome!! You will so be ready for a 1/2 by Oct. You have plenty of time, don't push your self too hard. :)

    ReplyDelete