Tuesday, November 22, 2011

the battle...

On my facebook status today, I checked in at the gym and wrote, Getting here is half the battle. One of my friends commented that for her it was more like 90% of the battle. I had to agree with her, with all the excuses and things to do in life. Showing up, is such a huge accomplishment. Putting in the efforts and getting the job done is really a side effect of being there.

As soon as I left the gym, my workout was complete and I knew my day just got a whole lot better. I was happier, and a just mentally prepared for my day.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Too true, for me getting in the car to go if half the battle, which is why I broke down and bought an elliptical for my living room-I could make excuses all day why not to go to the gym! Good for you for following through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear!! I too miss that, and even just miss my walks. Been too cold, don't have time, too far..ect ect excuses!!!

    ReplyDelete