Friday, June 3, 2011

Slippery Slope

I've noticed my dieting and life style change has quickly gone out the window. I haven't weighed my self in months! I'm still wearing the same size clothes as I was but they do not fit the same. How did this happen, you might ask?

It's a slippery slope. After my injury, I slowly allowed junk back into my diet. A brownie here, something chocolate and delicious there. Eating out.. because I was too lazy/stressed/busy to cook. Depression set in, more bad eating choices. Portions got larger. Choices got poorer.

We've even gotten into the habit of eating fast food. Drinking soda. I've made cupcakes twice this week! And eaten more than my fair share.

I'm not willing to give up every food I love to loose weight. But I'm not willing to go back to where I was either. I can easily see, how continuing like this can be dissasterous.

I see people from the gym, around town and I feel guilty. My children keep asking to go back to the gym. I need to sit down, and figure out a training schedule and stick to it. I've been runnning, at least that's something. But I know the diet has to change or I won't progress and make my goals like I want to.

My next 5K is Sunday. I'm looking forward to it and spending the day in San Francisco afterward with friends.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I have been drinking soda and eating candy and things that I wouldn't allow if I was trying to lose. I hate it!! Good luck on your 5k! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete