Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Running with my girls

Mariyn started softball camp today. I had so much fun watching her. She practiced her little heart out for 3 hours. She came home and told her dad how much fun she had. It was awesome.


We were all in the living room tonight, when Mariyn asked me to go for a run with her. We ran to her school and back, looping around our neighborhood. It was just over 1 mile. Mariyn ran the whole time and did not complain. She enjoyed it. How many 8 year olds, like to run? Mine does :) Ok, well, she is almost 9 but still. Make my heart happy to know I'm giving her a good example and habbits for a healthy, active lifestyle.

When Amelia, my 4 year old, heard we were going running, she wanted to go too. I knew she couldn't make the whole mile, so I told her we would take her when we got back. She was a little dissappointed. But that was short lived when we got back home and she was ready to go. I wasn't sure how far Amelia could run, so I figured at most we would run/walk around our block. At least, down the street. Amelia, ran all around our entire block. It's nearly a half mile! We sang our ABC's and counted the whole way. She was very cute and had lots of fun.

I know everyone is proud of their kids (or should be) but it really does give me a lot of joy to see them engage in an active lifestyle. It makes me feel as if I'm doing something right, even if I am still over weight. I'm giving them a love for fitness that will help them live longer, happier and healthier throughout their life. My heart is full <3

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love that. How did the 5K go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! You're a proud Momma and you should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia loves to run too! I love that she loves to run with me. I wanted to tell you I am back on my old blog, it isn't All in a Days Work anymore, so it will pop up something different on your browser.

    ReplyDelete