Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Focus

My foot hurts. That's it really my ankle has been achy for about a week. I've been wearing my brace and taking ibuprofen. It is taking forever to heal.

On a better note, I'm planning my comeback run. March 26, the SOS 5K run. It marks 1 year of my running adventures. If you recall, I ran this was my first race last year and I miraculously took first in my age division. My goal was to be able to run a 5K. This year, I don't know if I will be able to running it at all but I will finish. I am determined to not let me injury sideline me forever.

Tomorrow is Rich's birthday. It's the last day of junk before I go into detox. I've got to get all this sugar and junk food out of my system and focus.

3 comments:

  1. PLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE don't make your ankle worse. you are making me nervous. Just stick to diet for now. The 5K may be okay, but don't hurt yourself more. Hope to see you this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should clarify my plans for the 5K. If I am better by then, I will attempt to run as much of it as possible. I'm doing it with Mariyn who can't run 3.1 miles ;-) If I'm not better by then, I will walk it. All 3.1 miles. I will not let this hurt my pride as finishing is the most important factor in race. ;-)

    I have good days and bad. Optomistically I hope to be better in time but in reality, I know that is a slim chance. I have fun just hanging out at these events so whatever happens I will be happy just being involved and celebrating 1 year since I took a risk and signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it's taking so long for your foot and ankle to heal. But it's better to be cautious and give it all the time it needs. As for focus...well it seems we're in the same boat my friend. I've been working hard to regain mine. I'm so glad I'm not in this alone. It really helps to have blogging friends!!!

    ReplyDelete